Saturday, September 1, 2012

4 Year Anniversary

This was us as we headed out for our anniversary getaway (in Briargate, but it was a whole night away)!  On our actual anniversary this week, everyone in our home had the stomach flu.  Matt and I literally kept laughing and telling each other Happy Anniversary in between me cleaning up kids puke and doing like a billion loads of laundry.  He was in bed with about a 103 temperature all day. I will add that to my list of TRUE STORY tales for the year, because really?  On our anniversary?  However, once recovered we got a room at our favorite hotel here in town, went out for dinner, and snuggled in for a night of relaxation.  Seriously, after 4 days of taking care of a family of sick people we were exhausted!
We did get to reminisce a little about the year.  It has been the hardest of our marriage thus far.  Just the amount of pain and stress that we have gone through.  One thing that Matty V has said to me over and over in the past few months is, WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE TOGETHER.  And oh how grateful I am for that.  Sometimes just those words gets me through the day.  We have learned this year that we are not in control, that God has asked us to do some patient waiting, and that His plan isn't always our plan.  Through what has seemed to be insurmountable pain and incredible odds, WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE TOGETHER.  And as I promised on our wedding day...I would follow you anywhere Matty V.

No comments:

Post a Comment