Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jack is 7!

Jack turned seven years old on Friday!  Matt decided when each boy turned 6 years old in our house, he would begin giving them the option to continue having parties or to use their our alloted "birthday budget" money on an activity of their choice.  This year was the first year Jack chose the latter of the options. He asked to go to the movies and have a sleepover.  His best buds and mentors Caleb, Micah, and Ken went to the movies with him along with his two buddies who were coming to the sleepover, Titan and Elijah.  It still amazes me the Godly men that surround that boy and love him...two teenagers and a 27 year old dude went to see Continental Drift for a 7 year old's birthday.  God is amazing!


The sign Daddy made him that hung above his bed for the morning.

The traditional streamer door for birthdays!

Oh my gosh did this kid got a serious amount of legos!  Score!

Also the first year I did not make a homemade cake :(.  He requested a Funfetti box cake.



Sleepover Fun

 Seven years ago, I went into labor with Jackson at 6:30am.  I woke up with lower back pain and asked my mama to rub my back.  Within an hour I was in full blown labor.  Mama thought it was false labor because my contractions were so close together and kept me at the house for about 3 hours.  That was until Grandma came over and told her she was absolutely crazy and she had to get me to the hospital as soon as possible!  We raced to the hospital (with me yelling at Mama the whole time to please go at least the speed limit this one time instead of 5 below).  We made it to the hospital and Jackson Patrick was born a few hours later.  And this woman's life was changed forever.  I found Jesus that day.  If Jesus could give a sinner like me such a beautiful child to love, then I wanted to follow Him all the days of my life.


My little sister Ellen, my Lamaze coach (true story)

Jackson you are the reason I know Jesus and you show Him to so many other people in the incredible young man you are.  We love you and are so proud of you big 7 year old!

Jack also had his first day of 1st grade yesterday!  All day school!  You can imagine how I cried dropping him off.  My sweet, sweet boy is growing up!


I didn't want to let him go.


1 comment: