Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Thankful Wednesday

This morning was our baking day! I try to have one morning where I bake a couple things and freeze them each week. I love to bake and create new meals for my family and I love to do it with my boys. Boston likes to put on his apron and the ipod to get him in the creating mood. I personally think a little Brad Paisley does add the perfect addition to our time together.
Later in the day, I was tired, had just finished my bible study, learning time with Jack, and was going to put some things away in the kitchen. I had made whip cream for Jack's hot chocolate for the rainy movie afternoon we had. He came in, grabbed a spoon, went for the whip cream and somehow slipped and the whip cream ended up all over me. My first instinct was to get upset but I looked at him and we both just lost it laughing. I realized, every Wednesday should be a thankful one. So today I am thankful for...

-The smell of fresh bread

-My baking partner Boston who eats as much dough as he bakes











-Our bible project yesterday with lots of glitter (cause who doesn't love angels with glitter on them?)





-Old ALABAMA songs
-A day of fasting (for Mo's sake I couldn't fast from food but did from my computer)
-An incredible family of believers that came together tonight to pray
-My husband getting to play worship in Rockwall, TX for the opening night of their new Student Ministry facility and getting to see these two gorgeous fans....I miss them so much but they are sophisticated Dallas girls with grown-up jobs now!

"...in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment