Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Thankful Wednesday

On Sunday we went to “the other church.” Matt had the morning off of drumming so we decided to try the fastest growing church in town and see what all the hype was about. It was really nice and so were the people but we all left with an empty feeling, including Jack. We headed back home to get in our PJs and watch a movie together. As we passed “our church” God led the car into the parking lot. We attended our second church service for the day in a place where we love and are loved. As we left, I became so thankful for the people that God has placed in our lives to journey with, to mentor us, to feed us, and the people God has given us to mentor and invest in. It was an amazing way to start the week and with a heart of thankfulness, here are some more things I am thankful for this week…

-My monthly coffee with an incredible woman of God who shows me how to laugh and love even amidst grief and sorrow

-My mama who took a day off to sit, talk, and go on a walk together

-Antibiotics that relieved little Boston’s DOUBLE ear infection and last night allowed me to finally sleep in my own bed (as opposed to the bottom bunk I have been sleeping in the past week)

-My boppy..whoever invented that is a genius

-My husband sending me a Proverb in the middle of the day

-Texas Monthly

-Strawberries, yogurt, and Disney’s Davy Crockett in the afternoon with Jack

-A bible story that sparks a conversation about baptism and what that means

-Blue Bell ice cream, coffee, and NCIS with my hubby (right after we finished working out together)

-The baby sleeping on top of me (it would be a lot easier to type if I laid him down but I just can’t)

-Easter flowers that are still holding on (and mason jars, I love mason jars!)

Happy Thankful Wednesday!!!

1 comment: