Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Couch

When we got married, Matt came with a couch that we put in our new home. He really loved this couch...I honestly think it might be the first piece of furniture he ever bought. As sweet Matty began to live life with a 3 year old and then a baby and now another baby, "Daddy's couch" (as the boys refer to it) began to get milk and spit-up and pizza stains on it. I know a little piece of him dies every time someone spills something new on it, the piece that remembers what it was like to be a bachelor with an immaculate apartment and space to yourself. I understand that and it makes me sad to see his face when a new stain appears...which is why I am REALLY GLAD he was not here today to see Boston's beautiful work of art that he left on the couch...

Jack's exact words "Daddy is not going to be happy about this."

No comments:

Post a Comment