Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blue Bell


I LOVE BLUE BELL!

I seriously doubt that there is a person that is reading this that doesn't know that about me.

Mama brought Butter Pecan over last week and as we sat around eating it with a spoon (because then you aren't exactly eating a whole bowl right?), I realized that it really isn't about the taste to me, although it is like eating a piece of heaven. It is more about the memories. When I was a kid, we would spend our summers at my grandparents ranch and when we would arrive, Grandpa would always have the freezer stocked with Blue Bell. When it ran out, he would ask us what kind we wanted and he would go get us more. Then Daddy would buy dry ice and take some home with us if we weren't living in TX at the time.

It reminds me of sitting on the dock with my feet in the warm lake water, waking up at 6am to do crosswords with my Grandma, sleeping on the screened in porch on a cot, playing volleyball in the lake with my cousins, riding horses, going "to town" to the DQ, driving my Grandpa's truck years before having a license, and watching Wheel of Fortune (or Wheelies) as he would call it, and fishing....lots and lots of fishing.

I was so excited when I found out they were coming to Colorado! Seeing this truck, reminds me of what a fun childhood I had and how deeply I want to give that to my boys...the childhood and the Blue Bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment