Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thankful Wednesday

This week has been crazy! Matt has been working 12 hour days for 3 weeks now and we are all missing him. And it literally seems like the moment I get something cleaned up, it is dirty again. Do you ever have days like that? I just washed all the sheets and within 24 hours two potty accidents occurred and I had to wash them all over again. I cleaned the bathroom and within 20 minutes a potty accident happened on the bathroom floor. I cleaned the floors and Boss walked through the house in mud covered crocs into the newly cleaned bathroom and stepped up on the potty to wash his hands. Clean hands, muddy bathroom. I washed all the cushions on the couch, only to watch ice cream fall all over them today. I got Mo all cleaned up and dressed for the day just to watch him spit up all over the outfit 30 seconds later. I got to the trail to take the kids on a ride, changed Mo's diaper, only to realize that I had no diapers left in my bag to put on him. What can you do? You can choose to be thankful...

-The two oldest boys had a fight at the grocery store this week. It was our last grocery store of the trip (yes, I am one of those 3 store frugal shoppers, crazy I know). The fight was over blueberries. Jack picked out blueberries for the week as one of his snacks and the Boss decided his raspberries were crap now and he wanted blueberries. They proceeded to have a tug-a-war over the carton. It seems like an odd thing to be thankful for, but it really just made my heart happy that they were fighting over fruit.

-Thankful for the little girl who had a rockin birthday party at the park on Monday that provided a mid-day break for my kiddos who were desperately missing their Daddy who had to work all Memorial Day.

-Thankful for my mama who brought ice cream yesterday because I was having a hard day. Ice cream and a little girl talk on a hard day can make such a difference.

-Thankful that my husband's project ends tomorrow and we get to spend the weekend with him!

-Thankful that the Veggietales cake turned out for Boston's birthday party.-Thankful that my little Boston has so many family and friends that came to celebrate his life.

-Thankful that I have got to spend the week teaching Jack about baptism. I know that I was called to be a children's pastor but there is nothing like pastoring your own children and watching God work in their hearts.

-Thankful for my dear friend Laura who I got to have a dinner date with tonight. I have known her for 5 years. We met on staff at Vanguard and I think out of the whole bunch of us children's ministry gals we were probably the least likely to forge a bond, but that's what makes our friendship so unique and special. I LOVE her heart and I love how she gets me and speaks into my life. I love how she asks the hard questions and gives the hard answers. She inspires me, she speaks truth, and she loves me oh so well. She's a treasure.

And one thing we talked about tonight...
-We are thankful for godly husbands. Ones who know what's best for us even when we don't always know it. Our family has been through two decisions this year that have made me so thankful for my husband's leadership. In each decision, I was sure that I knew what was best and when he said no ma'am to my requests (which may or may not have involved an unwarranted hissy fit on my part)...months later I see how God completely led him and had His hand upon my husband's heart as he made choices for our family...hissy fit was then apologized for, to husband and the Lord!

-Thankful for a warm bed, a soft pillow, a little house, and 3 happy, healthy, sleeping children.

No comments:

Post a Comment