Monday, June 6, 2011

Jack's Baptism

Yesterday was an amazing day! I don't have pictures yet...the wonderful Kim McKenna took pictures for us all morning and as soon as I have them, I will post them!

We all woke up extremely excited for the morning. Jack was excited but it seemed that his nerves started to kick in right away too. What will I have to say? Who will be there? How long will I be in the water? How hot will the water be? The temperature of the water was a big concern. Jack was ecstatic that his cousins were coming, so that seemed to help him a little.

We arrived at church promptly at 8:30 (and if you know us Vincents we are never on time, so that was a big deal.) Jack and Matt talked to the band, got the lowdown on the events of the morning from Rod and of course, checked out the temperature of the hot tub.

Service began. I stood worshiping beside my wonderful husband and my five year old, both in swim trunks...knowing that within minutes, my little boy's life would be changed forever. He was going to tell the world that he loved Jesus and that he wanted to follow him all the days of his life. Matt read his testimony.

Some highlights...
- Jack’s first 'win' for the kingdom happened on the day he was born, when he led his own mother to Christ.
- Two years later God used Jack to create our family by winning my heart before I had ever even met his mother.
- Last fall Jack heard God’s voice for the first time during a fast we were doing as a family.
- And last winter Jack prayed and received the name of his new baby brother, Moses, from God.


He then asked Jack if he wanted to be baptized. At this point you could tell Jack was pretty scared in front of all the people so he just shook his head yes. Matt "dunked him" and his life was forever changed. We will forever remember June 5, 2011 as the day that our firstborn son was baptized. The day that he felt the Lord wanted him to share with others how much he loved Jesus and that he always wanted Him in his heart.

And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” Matthew 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment