Friday, June 17, 2011

Homeschool

It's officially started here in the Vincent house...Summer Preschool!!! I am starting off slow, two to three learning times a day and Bible time 3 times a week. Matt had the brilliant idea to stick to the activities that Jack did in Preschool on the same days which has really helped him. He has struggled since school has ended with their not being "a plan" for each day. To help that I have also started making a schedule of the day and writing it down for him. That way he can carry it around and at any time during the day see what we are doing (it doubles as a reading activity too :)
I am still seeking the Lord on whether or not I should continue into elementary school, but I have found that the He is meeting me at each turn of the corner. For example, today we were supposed to go to the "big O" as Jack calls it (which Matt finds hilarious) and go play in the water to celebrate finishing the first 3 days of creation and recall Day 2 when God made the sky and the water! However, today was the only day that Matt could get the car an oil change so we were without wheels all morning. God had a plan though...he provided a perfect 10 minute rain shower to play and dance in. We even got Boston out of his bed to join in the fun!



I did steal this prayer chart idea from Mandy! I am not gonna apologize about it either, my boys love it! Boston especially likes it because he feels like a big boy picking out his color and leading a prayer.
It's gonna be a good summer, I can feel it!

3 comments:

  1. okay okay okay, so you totally have better handwriting than me....

    excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grayson has the "what's the plan?" problem on weekends too. In fact, many times he wants me to plan out the whole week for him (maybe I should get him a mini day planner). He's always asking "Where are we going after nigh-night? And where are we going after the NEXT nigh-night?" and so on, and so on....sounds like he & his cousin are 2 peas in a pod! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will have to put "making mini day planners" into our time for next week with Grayson that we are oh so looking forward to! Love you!

    ReplyDelete