Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Our Father's Day weekends are kind of unique in that Jack's Adoption Day also occurs on that weekend each year.  Matt adopted Jack two days before Father's Day, three years ago.  So on Saturday, they spent the whole day together celebrating and talking about "guy stuff".  They told me that guys don't take pictures so I don't have any for you.  I do know that they spent most of the morning at their favorite spot though...
Yesterday I decided to give Matty V a free day.  I didn't plan any activities except a Father's Day meal and dessert for him with his presents.  And what did the man decide to do?  Spend the whole day working outside with his boys.  They planted grass, watered the lawn, helped me refinish a cabinet I am working on, and rode bikes.  Quite contrary to Mother's Day when he gave me free afternoon and I journaled and read a book. :) 




We had his favorite meal, chicken pot pie and he asked for a Boston cream pie for dessert this year. Every year we make our Daddy a collage of our favorite pictures of him throughout the year in black and white.  We are really hoping to have a wall to fit them on one day as he now as 5 of them!  The boys also write in their book to him which they do on his birthday and Father's Day.  They answer the question "I love my Daddy because..." which is so sweet and so funny to see each year.  For instance, Jack said I love my Daddy because he taught me how to fish, ride my skateboard, and he's the best dad in the world.  Boston on the other hand said, I love my Daddy because then I get to put stickers on this Father's Day page if I tell you I love him.  He did go on to say he loves that he plays with him and watches movies with him.
Happy Father's Day darlin.  We love you dearly and think you are the best Daddy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment