Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Our Little Landshark

Jack asked me if he could do Running Club a couple months ago.  I truly wasn't sure how much fun he would have.  Reason being, I am a runner and he HATES running on the trail with me.  He would much prefer to bike.  However, I have learned that it is a lot more fun with kids your age and a super cool coach!
Monday night was his first race.  Again, really nervous about this (me, not him).  I was not sure if he would like it and if he didn't win, how his sweet little heart would react to that.  Man, did the Lord put me in my place about my fears that night!
So cool, I could barely get his picture looking at me!

His first race...check out that smile!

His second race, the 400M...again, huge smile!



The first race, the sprint, he came in 2nd!  Then the 400M he came in like 4th to last but as I stood almost crying because I knew he was going to realize he was in the back of the pack and come around the curve crying, he came around the curve laughing and smiling.  He had no idea where he was in the line up and quite frankly, he didn't care.  He was just happy.
That is what Jack is teaching me in this season of life.  Just be happy, there is so much to be happy about.  He asks everyday when he gets home from school what we are doing fun that day.  Fun to Jack is playing cars & trucks, going on the trail, playing in the backyard, going to a park...it doesn't matter what it is, as long as we are all together.  He loves to be together.  And that, we definitely have in common!  Thank you for your joyful spirit dear boy, teaching me to delight in what the Lord has given us, and for encouraging my heart so!

 Take delight in the LORD,
   and he will give you the desires of your heart. 
Psalm 37:4

No comments:

Post a Comment