Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Jack

Jackson turned 6 today! I just love that little boy to pieces...why don't you sit right there while I tell ya why. We did a treasure hunt as soon as he woke up that led to his breakfast. Jack picked strawberries and yogurt for his birthday breakfast. I made him strawberries and whip cream because that sounded more fun. He obviously didn't complain...
He wanted grilled cheese and chips for lunch. We took him to his favorite picnic table in the park right after school for a big ole picnic.I don't have a picture but he chose bacon, eggs, and toast for his dinner. All three meals completely represent Jack. The simplest and easiest of things make him happy. He just loves life and it's more important to him that we are all together than that we are going out to dinner or making fancy meals.
He is my favorite cowboy. We had a moment last week at the store where a little boy made fun of Jack's outfit as he passed by. I leaned down to him and told him how very happy I am that he is a cowboy and that more importantly God is happy that he is a cowboy. He could have been born in the 1960's and lived perfectly happy with a wooden rifle and a cowboy hat. His heart is so pure and so innocent, unwavered by what others say or think about him. And he is so happy, truly happy with life. He reminds me that life is something to soak up, minute by minute and be oh so grateful for each one.
Jack isn't really a big fan of cake. So after baking the cake he asked for his party and him not eating it, I asked what he really wanted for his birthday. Sundaes!!! Blue Bell, of course. Jack and I speak the same language.
Speaking of languages, Jack's love language is quality time, as is his Mama's. We love to laugh and talk together and the more time we spend together, the more loved we feel. Today was all about quality time and I hope that he feels as blessed on his birthday as I feel to be his mama.

1 comment: