Sunday, January 6, 2013

The latest in home projects

Reading Pillows
I made these pillows for each of the boys for Christmas.  They each received new bedding this year and I made these pillows to match it for them to read on.  They have since created a little reading nook in which they read on them every night!

Dining Room Chairs
Now this project has been one I have wanted to do for years!  I had a dream when we were first married about each person in our family having a dining room chair that was unique to their personality.  Matt wasn't really into my idea of each person picking out their own chair and them being all mismatched at the table. :)  So with the help of the wonderful Erin Hill, we compromised.
I found these chairs on huge markdown at an antique store.  Erin painted Jack and Boston's nicknames with pictures on them for me.
Little Bird a.k.a. Boston


Goose a.k.a. Jackson

I got two of these babies at the Arc for $20 each.  I have already started ripping them up, as you can see.  Mama and I are going to reupholster them with fabric that is unique to Matt and I to be at the ends of the table.


No comments:

Post a Comment