Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For your afternoon reading...

My cousin, Rickelle was asked to write for a special blog series on Gypsy Ink titled "Women in the Trenches".  This sign pretty much sums up how I feel about that girl...


 We spent many a summer at Grandma and Grandpa's ranch swimming in the lake, watching movies way too grown up for us, playing games, and becoming sisters. 
I always looked up to her and I still do.  One of my favorite memories is watching her put on mascara when I was about 14 years old.  She has the longest, most beautiful eyelashes of any girl I know and I wanted to be just like her.  She is a woman after the Lord's own heart and she inspires me daily, literally.
Rickelle lost her first baby when she was in her third trimester about two and a half years ago.  The way that she chose to walk through that heartache with the Lord and speak into the lives of other women because of that is powerful and has blessed me beyond words.  Her and I have been in constant contact for the past couple weeks as she has held my hand through the emotions of grief and tragedy that we have been walking though.  
Go here and read Kel's post, she's amazing and you will love her!

www.gypsyink.com

No comments:

Post a Comment